1. Rate the Intensity of your problem on a scale of 0 to 10.
2. Set up Phrase:
Tap the Karate Chop and repeat 3 times:
"Even though I have this ________, I deeply and
completely love and accept myself."
3. Tap 7 - 10 times on each point as you name the
4. After tapping the sequence, check the intensity
number and continue tapping as needed.
KC This is the Set up point and is located on the middle of the pinky side of the hand.
EB This point is the beginning of the eyebrow, just above and to one side of the nose.
SE The point is the bone right at the corner of the eyes.
UE This point is on the bone under the eyes, about 1 inch below your pupil.
UN On the small area between the bottom of your nose and the top of your upper lip.
CH Chin is the ”divot” above your chin and below your lower lip.
CB The Collar Bone point is referred to as K (Kidney 27). I use my whole hand to tap.
UA Find this point on the side of the body, even with the nipple (for men) or in the middle of the bra strap for women. Its about 4 inches below the armpit.
LP This is an often overlooked, but important meridian point. It lies just over the liver on the right side of the body. This point is 2-3 inches under a man’s nipple, or under a woman’s breast, and slightly to the outside.
WR This point is on the inside of both wrists, where a nurse would take your pulse. Just tap your wrists together.
H This point is the top of the head.
· Be as SPECIFIC as possible. Don’t tap on “this problem”. Instead, tap on “This pain in my left leg near the knee.” Don’t tap on “this stress”. Tap on “this stress about _______” or this worry about ______”.
· If the number doesn’t move: Go back and repeat the set-up statement 3 times “Even though-etc”. Say it out loud and stronger with great emotion or go back and say strongly 3 times- “Even though, for some reason, I don’t want to get over this _________, I completely accept and support myself anyway!”
· As a beginner-start with simple issues. Some simple issues, which should be recent and not chronic, might be: stress, pain, anger, disappointment, simple phobia, or embarrassment. Complex issues such as abuse, trauma, long-time illness, depression, obesity, addictions, etc. may need expert help.
· Catch ASPECTS, PARTS, & EVENTS. More complex issues usually have a number of parts, aspects, and/or events that need to be uncovered and released. As you tap watch your thoughts and emotions. Any negative thought or emotion that comes up needs to be addressed. Put a name and number on it and tap it down too.
· For the best tapping results use the index, middle and ring fingers, or all four fingers when possible (like on the top of the head or under the arms).
· Tap on both sides of your body when possible. Unilateral tapping works fine, but in my opinion, bi-lateral tapping is better.
· Drink a lot of water-at least 64 oz. daily.
· Practice, practice, practice. EFT is more an art than a science. Just like playing the piano or riding a bike, the more you do it, the better you get at it. Start with practicing on yourself, then ask friends and family to let you try it out on them. (Choose simple issues!) The more you do, the more confidence you’ll gain and the better you’ll get it.
· Try it on everything! EFT has been known to work on everything from hiccups to cancer and from lactose intolerance to quieting crying babies. So rather than saying, “Does EFT really work on …? Try it! You’ve got nothing to lose, and a lot to gain.
. Use EFT every day. Do it at a set time every day, just before going to bed, or in the shower, or when you first wake up. More than anything else, practicing EFT daily can make an enormous difference in your happiness and peace of mind.